Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY Crafty Christmas: Fancy Forest Pt.5


Hello everyone! Today's DIY is a Feather Tree. It didn't turn out quite how I wanted, however in among the other trees, it's a nice addition.

 Here's what you need:


Start off with your cardstock tree base:
1. Start to curl the paper in at a corner
2. Make sure the top is tighter than the bottom, in a cone shape
3. Put a line of hot glue from top to bottom, roll into glue and hold until dry
4. Cut off excess paper, then do another line of glue from top to bottom to secure this seam
5. Cut off excess paper, making sure to cut it on an even surface so it stand properly. This will just be trial and error.


Instructions:
1. Cut 4 (or more depending on what you want) different lengths of feathers
2. Glue the largest feathers on first, one layer all the way around at about the same height. The ends of the feathers should brush the surface.
3. Continue gluing the different sizes in layers on top of each other until you reach the top.
4. Glue the topmost feathers down a bit to help create a tapered shape at the top.


And there you have the feather tree!


This completes our Fancy Forest! Check out the other tree DIY's here:
Sequin Tree
Lace Ruffle Tree
Petal Tree
Twine Tree

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for the 12th Crafty Christmas DIY, I'm sharing a cute holiday fashion DIY, some ideas for a hot chocolate bar, you won't want to miss it!  (Holiday fashion DIY coming soon!)

AND don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm loving your Xmas DIYs! It's nice that they're so simple and easy to do with things you actually have lying around and don't have to go out and spend loads on! :) Is there a way I can follow you? x
    http://fashionsings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying and following! :) Ahh yes I've found it now, that'll give me a reason the keep an eye on my bloglovin' account cos I don't usaully go on! x

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments :) You'll be hearing from me soon!!