Monday, February 11, 2013
Project Restyle: Bow Dress
Today I'm sharing a Restyle Project! Hopefully this will be a reoccurring trend, I have TONS of clothing I've purchased at thrift stores thinking I would alter them, and I currently have 3 of my storage shelves FULL of these 'projects' waiting to be done.
This week's project is a cute bow dress. Here's the before and after!
First thing I did was decide how much shorter I wanted it. I took hem allowance into consideration, and it came to 35" total.
Here's what I did:
1. I realized that the dress kind of curved up on the sides, so I folded the dress in half
2. Because the hem was curved, I measured 4" up from the bottom at a few different spots and put a pin in as a guide for cutting.
3. Cut extra fabric off
4. For the hem, roll bottom edge up about 1/2 an inch
5. Roll it over again so that you don't have any of the raw edges showing
6. Pin the hem down, one pin about every 3 inches
7. Sew down the hem
8. Iron hem to ensure it is straight